Thursday, August 22, 2013

Make the buck hear more than one deer

Apple Creek Whitetail Photograph
 
 
 
During the rut it’s natural for a buck to hear the sounds of more than one deer. After all it takes two to tango. I like to carry one grunt call and two different bleat calls with me while hunting. This gives the illusion of there being more than one receptive doe in the area. Giving least three bleats to every grunt has worked best for me. Remember does don’t estrous bleat to sound their receptiveness, they bleat when they are trying to flee an overly aggressive buck.
In the end the tool that takes most deer is patience.
Jim
More on calling deer

http://jimcollyer.com/

1 comment:

  1. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Ie. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Cheers
    Grunts Call For Deer

    ReplyDelete